Elder True DeMille

Elder True DeMille

Sunday, February 15, 2015

And I quote ...

So... I was reading the scriptures the other day and I was thinking to myself...
................I'M IN KOREA.
...HOW DID I EVEN GET HERE??!!
Hahah then, I thought about all the lovely people I've met. Which led me to think about all the lovely things people say.

You know how sometimes when we're down, or discouraged, or even madly in love, all we need is a quote to sum up our feelings? Haha well, I know how you feel! And today, I wanted to share some cool quotes I've gained on my mission in hopes to fulfill that wish for those of you who are searching for some kind of motivation, explanation, or answer. I love you all! Enjoy!

"The decision to change is yours, and yours alone." -Jorg Klebingat

"It takes purely human courage to renounce the whole of temporal in order to win eternity.. and that courage is the courage of faith." - Kierkegaard

"Sometimes 'how' we need to do it is what we need to figure out." - Elder Higham

"If you don't receive an answer right away - it may be because you are doing something right." -Elder Miller

"Courage is the form of every virtue at its testing point." - C.S. Lewis

"The Lord doesn't expect immediate perfection - but he does expect immediate progression." -Elder Chow

"When you feel like you can't go on -- go on with even more faith and you will see miracles." -Sister Kim Chun
"On my mission.. ..I learned how to love. And I will never forget it." -Elder Light

"If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people that ever lived." -Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

"One day, believe it or not, you are not going to be a missionary anymore. ..And no one is going to give you a white, little, detailed book of rules to keep you from making wrong decisions." -President Morrise

"No matter what happens, as long as my heart feels good - I know I'm doing alright." -Elder Ryan

"He puts us through trials to help us be better. I know it must be terribly painful for Him to do that, but - that's how we grow." -Elder Pruner

"The Lord never punishes people for serving him." -Elder Cowles

"He knows every single effort that you make." -Elder Westbrook

"Decisions determine destiny." -President Monson
"..Divine aid can be ours every hour of every day, no matter where we are in the path of obedience." -Elder D. Todd Christofferson

"I want my kids to understand that giving a gift is better than having a gift." -Elder Gibbons

"I can't fix myself in two years. Otherwise God wouldn't have given me a whole lifetime to prepare to meet him." -Elder J. Ellsworth

"That's the thing about knowledge. Sometimes you gain it without knowing." -Elder Helms

"I always thought that if I ever got rich I'd spend my money on poor people. But why would God trust me with money if I'm not willing to spend it on poor people while I'm poor?" -Elder Eddy

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Batman

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. The only thing for them to decide, is what to do with the time they are given." -Gandalf

"I see now, that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo

"Challenge everyone to modify their manner of living by inviting them to act." -Elder J. Ellsworth
"A number is not always a perfect representation of what you are doing as a missionary." ..Me.

"We can't be constricted by the idea that you are defined by a number." -Elder J. Ellsworth

"There was a definite process by which one made people into friends, and it involved talking to them and listening to them for hours at a time." -Anonymous

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." -Anonymous

"Don't get so caught up in the wounds that you forget you are alive." Elder Preisler

"A man is what he thinks about all day long." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The only currency God accepts is faith." -Elder Wilcox

"I think everyone in the world just wants to be themselves. ..And they want to be okay with it." -Elder J. Ellsworth
Love you all! Hope this helps one of you somehow! I know they help me!

Have the best week!


Elder DeMille!

No comments:

Post a Comment