Elder True DeMille

Elder True DeMille

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Bear Up Our Burdens With Ease

This week, among other things, I've learned that each missionary, member, less-active friend, recent convert, and individual has their own, one-of-a-kind, unique burden. We are ofttimes heavy-laden, and feel exhausted. Lost. Hopeless. And a mix of hundreds of other emotions we need not feel! As our mission president might say, "Hard things need not harden us!". I had a few very personal and unique experiences this week where I was able to look at some of my own burdens and decide whether or not I'd let them stop me from doing as much as I know I can do. But -- as Elder Bednar explains, we're never alone, and each person is - at one point in their life - backed up to a wall where they must there take a stand of faith. My stand of faith next month will be in doing all that I possibly can to follow our Savior -- and do 100% of what I know I need to be doing. No regrets.
“And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

“And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities” (Alma 7:11–12).

The Savior has suffered not just for our sins and iniquities—but also for our physical pains and anguish, our weaknesses and shortcomings, our fears and frustrations, our disappointments and discouragement, our regrets and remorse, our despair and desperation, the injustices and inequities we experience, and the emotional distresses that beset us.
There is no physical pain, no spiritual wound, no anguish of soul or heartache, no infirmity or weakness you or I ever confront in mortality that the Savior did not experience first. In a moment of weakness we may cry out, “No one knows what it is like. No one understands.” But the Son of God perfectly knows and understands, for He has felt and borne our individual burdens. And because of His infinite and eternal sacrifice, He has perfect empathy and can extend to us His arm of mercy. He can reach out, touch, succor, heal, and strengthen us to be more than we could ever be and help us to do that which we could never do relying only upon our own power. Indeed, His yoke is easy and His burden is light."

I testify that Jesus Christ is there for you. For me. For us. He knows and understands our pains and weaknesses, as well as our strengths and heart. I believe that if I ever had to experience, as Alma the Younger had - Hell- it would be something along the lines of meeting the person I could have become, as the person I never became. Hold on to the moments you have. Believe in miracles. Press on with full faith. Use the power of the Priesthood, and push the envelope! 

You are who YOU choose to be!
I love you all, and hope you have an incredible week!!

All the love,
Elder DeMille!

No comments:

Post a Comment