Elder True DeMille

Elder True DeMille

Sunday, November 30, 2014

December ... Already?

This week we had transfers!! ..My dear son (Elder Connor David "Fade-Away" Ellsworth) left to Geumcheon with Elder Preisler, and I received my new main man, Elder Stephen Paul Helms! Hahaha - for those that don't know, the name 'Steven Paul' is held by two of the most influential people in my life -- so I just about died when I heard his full name. What are the odds?? Haha too cool.
He's super cool -- he stands at about 6'1", blond hair, blue eyes, loves listening to movie soundtracks, dubstep, and classical music - he loves to game, play the uke, go paintballing, and do all sorts of outdoorsy things. Haha his favorite color is blue, I assume he enjoys long walks on the beach and wouldn't mind a pina colada or two as he gets caught in the rain, but most importantly he comes from a family of 3 older sisters (27, 25, and 22), has one younger sister (18), and two younger brothers (15 and 11). His life before the mission consisted of A. Killing the game, B. BYU, and C. Chik-Fil-A. He was born in '94, and as a special gift can impersonate just about anyone you can think of -- it's ridiculously entertaining. If you'd like to know more about him, I'd suggest reading his biography. Hahaha.. I think we're going to get along just fine.
So, there's my new comp -- and since it was transfers this week, things moved incredibly slowly.. But hey -- here's some highlights of our week! 

1. Transfers were sweet. And... at transfers, Elder Helms soiled his suit with a ..really big.. bottle of olive oil that he was carrying in his bag. Haha.. not to self.. put things in ziplock bags just to be safe. We've currently washed it three times, this time with hot water, and it's looking pretty good!
2. For 'Thanksgiving' (nonexistent in Korea) we bought a rotisserie chicken, and three other boxes of different chicken, along with Costco rolls and muffins, times 6 2-Liters of soda.. :) ...Needless to say, we didn't feel so hot the next morning, seeing as we ate at 10pm and fell right asleep afterwards.. hahaha. Yikes.
3. I attended my first 김장! (Kim-Jang?) Which is where you get together with tons and tons of people and make tons and tons  of KIMCHI! The best is that while they make it, they eat it! And feed you too! Haha. We made a ton of kimchi for the people who needed it in our ward (deaf members and missionaries :P ) And had a huge meal afterwards, which was insanely delicious. Kimchi and Pig stomach. ..Mmm... :)
4. I performed with Elder Song in my first Filipino Choir! We had a huge event at the church on Saturday (maybe it's on the internet?) where a ton of Filipino people came to hear us sing some of their traditional music. There was a presentation about the special relationship between Korea and the Philippines, and the Ambassador of the Philippines was there, along with our Quorum of the Seventy representative! Elder and Sister Bunce were there too, (the ones who took pictures of mine and Elder Johnson's mural and put it on the web) and since - me being the rascal that I am - I was making faces at people in the audience while singing, I got to experience my good pal Elder Bunce come and tell me afterwards that I look very photogenic with my tongue out.. hahaha. ..I'm still trying to get this whole "growing up" thing down, I guess :P But hey! He got at least three good pictures of me! Haha. Later I met the man who filmed it all and he told me he "zoomed" on my face too, haha. Like this, " Hey. I zoomed on your face. *imagine zooming motion with hands towards your face* Zzzzzzzz!" Hahaha. Super fun. So, maybe you'll see my face up on the web again. Haha - cool!
Outside of that, I've just got one super cool quote for you. 
..It's super cool.
..Cool? 
Cool.

" Whenever the adversary cannot persuade imperfect yet striving Saints such as you to abandon your belief in a personal and loving God, he employs a vicious campaign to put as much distance as possible between you and God. The adversary knows that Faith in Christ - the kind of faith that produces a steady stream of tender mercies and even mighty miracles - goes hand in hand with a personal confidence that you are striving to choose the right. For that reason he will seek access to your heart and tell you lies - lies that Heavenly Father is disappointed in you, that the Atonement is beyond your reach, that there is no point in even trying, that everyone else is better than you, that you are unworthy, and a thousand variations of that same evil theme.

As long as you allow these voices to chisel away at your soul, you can't approach the throne of God with real confidence. Whatever you do, whatever you pray for, whatever hopes for a miracle you might have, there will always be just enough self-doubt chipping away at your faith. Not only your faith in God, but also your confidence in yourself. Living the gospel in this manner is no fun - nor is it very healthy. Above all, it is completely unnecessary! The decision to change is yours - and yours alone. Confidence is yours if you only want it."-Elder Jorg Klebingat

And, by the way, our golden investigator is getting baptized next Sunday! Wish us luck!! :) 

Love you all! Make the decision to change if you are uncomfortable in any way! 

All the love,

Elder DeMille

No comments:

Post a Comment