Elder True DeMille

Elder True DeMille

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Monday Already?

I don't really have a clever way to start this email today so... ..I'm just gonna jump right into it! … SHAZAM!!

This week was P-A-C-K-E-D. In fact, it was so packed with adventures that there is no possible way for me to recount everything that happened this week in such a small email.. ...that would take.. ..like a week. Hahaha.
But! I can tell you, for those of you worrying about me (despite my invincibility and immunity to all elements) I'm sleeping and feeling a lot better. ..Maybe not necessarily sleeping well, but I'm at least falling asleep a lot sooner than I usually do. Which is great! Elder DeMille: 1 Insomnia: 0. 

So thank you for the prayers! ..As for those who want to know about my so-called "adventurous" week, it went a little bit like this:
First, I got to talk to all of you beautiful people last week, and had the chance to help celebrate Sister Glauser's birthday later that afternoon! There were a ton of missionaries there who'll die soon (..wow.. that sounds ominous.. // "Dying" on a mission simply means "going home"), and it was super good to see them all. But, the party didn't entail much - I pretty much stood around for a handful of hours just talking to other missionaries. ...Goodness, they all probably just think I'm exhausting. Hahaha.
Later in the week we met our super stylish and wonderfully golden investigator, along with is old high school friend who first introduced him to the Temple Square missionaries in Utah! .. I swear he's my brother Cole Tucker in a Korean body. ..Literally, I hung out with one of my closest friends all night -- haha, too chill.  He took us out for dinner, as well as dessert, and told us his life story, which included how his 4 1/2 year long 'perfect' relationship tragically ended as his girlfriend came back from her mission and told him to move on.. more or less. ..Super sad~ :( And, since he didn't get married (in America) fast enough, and have the chance to work on his American citizenship, he got shipped back to Korea for military service - which is how we met, haha. He made sure to stress to me the entire time that I have to spoil my girlfriend so bad that she won't forget about me but.. ..I don't think there's any problems there - Abby is the greatest ever.
Then, we decided to be punks and mission hop. ..Yep, haha we went to Seoul mission! ..With permission of course. We took Elder Song to the train station in Seoul so that he could go to Busan for a day or so (weird military thing he had to get done), and thus, our tri-companionship adventures with Elder Whitney (I like to call him Elder Wheaties, who knows why though..) began! Only notable things there was that it was FREEZING, and we did a practice baptismal interview with our investigator. All went flawlessly- except- He didn't really know enough about prophets to say that he believed in the men, which is the second question of the interview. So, I guess we just didn't teach it well enough, and that through teaching it again, he'll hopefully come to understand them well enough to take a leap of faith. ..That was basically it, though my journal is chalk-full of details and stories from this week, haha. Oh! And we went to Seoul mission again (I know, I know, I'm crazy..) to pick up Elder Song on Thursday at 11pm (got home and to bed around 1am...haha. SO TIRED.), as well as went to our Bishop's house for dinner (also in Seoul mission) last night. Lemme tell ya, you might see me home sooner than you think! :P (Relax -- total joke!)
..However, for those maybe wanting something in the more "enlightening" kind of category, I learned something cool this week:
In Ether 4, (v. 4-6), it talks about how all these great and marvelous things happened to the Brother of Jared. ..And that he wrote them all down and sealed them up, along with the interpreters used for his writings. And then, the Lord said to the Brother of Jared, "They shall not go forth unto the gentiles until the day that they shall repent of their iniquity and become clean before the Lord.”

..Now, you may not think it, but I think the key here is humility. In order to receive blessings and knowledge from God, we must humble ourselves, admit our flaws and mistakes, change our ways, and by doing all of this "exercise faith" in Him. It's also clear in Ether 4:15:
"Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been hid up from the foundation of the world from you - yea when ye shall call upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then sye shall know..”

We have to rend that veil of unbelief, which is often caused by pride. Do your best to understand that you can't do it all by yourself, and that.. .. well, you haven't been doing it by yourself all along. 

..Love you all!!

And, this week, I especially love my sweet grandma, 김정예, and hope that she has the best birthday ever!!! 생일 축하합니다 할머니!!! 사랑해!!

Elder DeMille!


No comments:

Post a Comment