Elder True DeMille

Elder True DeMille

Sunday, October 11, 2015

So ... I Don't Have Time Today

This week has been more insane than you'd ever even imagine!

That being said, my email time is cut pretty short since I've got to catch an hour long bus ride that only comes once an hour.. 
..if we miss it..

...WE LOSE THE GAME.

So!

I had originally planned to share with you some cool insights I had from conference, but seeing as I have about three minutes until I have to leave, I figured I'm going to copy/paste the list I just sent to Abby. These are the things that I heard during conference, that were most important, or noteworthy -- to me. I'll hopefully explain more next week! Love you all! Thank you for valiantly living, every day! Even if you're not making the best choices, you're still making good ones, I'm sure of it!!

What I heard:

I did not touch Him, nor sit on His knee, yet Jesus is real- to me.
The center of our Gospel is love. --Simplify.
A willing heart + desire + trust = success.
We make a mistake in only seeing the imperfect human nature in others. Focus on the graces they possess.
I'll be what you want me to be.
Build-- as He built. Everyday.
Humility inspires questions. Faith inspires action.
Ask, "What lack I yet?" And seek to improve one characteristic weekly. (Loved this! Got my answer: Make better eye contact to express your sincerity and love. Who'da thunk?)
WAIT. The answer will come; customized, just for you. (It did! But it took until morning, haha.)
Direction and purpose are ever more important than speed.
Self confidence and depth of purpose are found in self-control.
Earn more, save more.
None of us marry perfection. We marry potential.
Reach upward, not across.
Come to yourself.
Would this choice make my Mother proud?
If you are looking for growth; You must do things you have never before done.
SMILE. Always.
Go the extra mile.
Cultivate positive diligence.
Ask for help when you need help.
Pray Until Something Happens. (PUSH.)
Never give up.
Fast and pray, so the Lord will answer.
Coming out of trials takes a 'willingness'-- people need a desire to change.
Desire, Desire, DESIRE.
Shen we have childlike humility and willingness to focus on the Savior, we progress.
There must be a willingness to take a step.
We cannot only avoid; we must counter the natural man's tendencies to procrastinate, put off, and give up.
We must be anxiously engaged.
Don't wait. Take it NOW.
When you do your part, the Lord adds to you.
Do you see moments as they really are?
WAIT. Wait for them to ask-- don't find fault, but tell them what you know when they are willing to listen.
Our knowledge will be the source of our courage.
Lord, ..I would follow thee.
Keep the commandments.
I must be RELENTLESS in my efforts to achieve my goals.
There is NO room for disobedience.
Decide now to act.
Will you be different?
Love one another.
How do you see others? Are you looking at them through God's eyes?
You must ask-- and plead for that love, every day.
Who will help you NEVER GIVE UP?
Do you realize the breadth and scope of those things you hear and feel in your heart?
Desire to inspire; not just to impress.
Do you let yourself occasionally wander the halls of the great and spacious building?
It is time to overcome the world.
How can you start on a constant quest to have the Spirit?
Act on your promptings. Whatever it is, do it.
Consistency.
God's ultimate desire is progress.
We must go beyond feelings, concepts, and words-- we have to build, and act, and serve.
Reprove betimes with sharpness, so that others may have the courage to change.
Save money each week. Discipline yourself.
Ponderize one verse of scripture each week. (My verse is 1 Nephi 13:16. What's yours? ;) )
Exercise faith, Discipline yourself, and DO IT. (My favorite!)
Understand your standards.
It is not enough to go through the motions. Becoming takes ACTION.
We don't usually plan on ending up as dirty as we get.
Have the determination to try ONE. MORE. TIME.
Remember in whom you have trusted.
Simple obedience brings the Spirit into our homes.
"Why me?' --isn't your purpose in life to experience all these trials?
All of these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good. Therefore, hold on.
When you cannot do what you have always done -- then you can only do what matters most. (My second favorite.. thoughts of my knee.)
Forgive all men.
Focus on the most important work.
Come what may, and love it.
Family = Eternal Happiness.
Your purpose = Eternal Happiness.
The Challenges are the blessings.
Love one another.

I hope you all have a wonderful week! 

All the love,
Elder DeMille!


(T-Minus 2 months! No one better be getting trunky! You'll want me out of the house again, soon enough! :P )

No comments:

Post a Comment