Elder True DeMille

Elder True DeMille

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Mothers.

I had a little bit to say this week about random events, but.. A lot of that has been pushed out of my head in regards to a much bigger, and more impacting event that we just got word of this morning.

There is a Sister in our Mission who is.. a huge light to everyone, all the time. She picks others up, and never gives up, and has affected (I believe) countless people with her diligent service as a missionary for the Lord. ..Just 30 minutes ago we got a text from our leaders saying that her mother had unexpectedly passed away this morning, and that she would be returning home-- today-- to be with her family. 

I'm reminded, as I think of this, how much my mother does for me.. and how heart-wrenching it would be if my mother were to suddenly disappear from my life. ..Without a notice, without a warning, no permission, no signature.. no agreement. Just.. gone. 

..I don't think I'm anywhere near strong enough to do it. My mom has been there for me, through thick and thin, through every school report and project, each tryout and award. I couldn't go on without my mom, and I think it's part of the reason I was able to keep my mom around when we were really uncertain about what would happen with her a few years ago. I'm sure I have work to do-- and if she were gone, I don't think I could get it done.
However, this isn't about me. I believe the Lord only gives trials to those strong enough to overcome them. He'll never give you a trial you can't bear. It says it right there in verse 13  of 1 Corinthians. "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." ..Temptations are the result of trials. A mother's passing could lead you to be tempted to be in the dark.. to become depressed, to give up. ..And those, are certainly trials as well as temptations when they come into your life. 

So this one is for that Sister, who we know can make it through. 

Holding on in His love, remember how much your mother means to you and help others feel that love. Some may be without mothers, and others without children. But that doesn't mean it will stop us from loving one another. I know it surely won't stop her.

Hang in there.
..But more than that..

Show them how strong you became out here with your wonderful Spirit! We love you!!

All the love,


Elder DeMille

There is a beautiful message about mothers for you all here.

No comments:

Post a Comment