Elder True DeMille

Elder True DeMille

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Another week, another .. year older?

It's that time again! 

Seriously, the days crawl on, and the weeks fly by....

..haha, I wonder if Elder Ellsworth is tired of me saying that to him, it's a very common phrase among missionaries here..

..Anywho, the work continues! And this time.. it comes action packed with rainbow pancakes, purple eggs and Elder Ellsworth's birthday! He's finally 19.. .....Haha.. a whole what, month after I turned 19? Yeesh. He's catchin' up quick!
This week was pretty .. well, packed. We were able to teach our investigator, Daniel, the entire Restoration (which was incredibly cool -- Momma Ellsworth, your son did very well), and he understood it all like you wouldn't believe. Not quite ready to accept the invitation to be baptized, but he's definitely eager to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it.
..The crazy thing, was that this week, we went to the temple.
..And everybody loves the temple! ..But I prayed for a long time the night before to try and prepare myself to receive an answer to my prayers about Daniel. I really wanted him to understand our message (before we taught the Restoration) and know that his Father in Heaven really loves him. ..At the temple, I spent a lot of time in the Celestial room trying to feel that answer.. ..and all I could think about was my mom.

All those crazy experiences that happened before I came out, everything she has done for me, how much I miss her, and how I can't possibly make up for how well she took care of me and helped me to grow. ..But, upon leaving the Celestial room, I felt like I really hadn't received my answer.
..Then, later that night, we met with Daniel (after a really long day of really intense Soccer - Year old missionaries vs. Young missionaries ), we played "21" (Basketball), and threw the football a little bit before sitting down for our lesson together. I felt so unprepared, and thought that these sports and things were going to be really distracting during our time together - that we might be too worn out and things like that to really invite the spirit - But man, it went so well.
We started talking, and before I knew it, I realized Elder Ellsworth and I were teaching in great unity, flying through the Restoration and getting Daniel really involved. He understood it all, and was getting really excited. Then, we talked about the Book of Mormon, and I explained to him how it has always been like another friend to me - a book where I can find all sorts of advice and answers to my questions in times of need. ..He asked, "like what?" ..And then, that long time in the Celestial room thinking about how wonderful my mother was/is, and how thankful I am for her came into play. I shared the story of her aneurysm with tears in my eyes (not coming down though, I'm getting better, I promise..haha) and he was blown away. You could tell he truly felt the Spirit and could feel our connection with the Book of Mormon. Elder Ellsworth also shared a personal experience, and though we were totally late getting home, we nailed the lesson, and touched his heart.
Other than that, this week has been rad - soccer games and other things here and there, with recent converts coming to church strongly and participating more. I love it here, and honestly can't imagine being anywhere else! But! I can't wait to see my family again ...haha.. as far away as that is :P So, know that things are still progressing here, I'm plenty healthy, and that Elder Ellsworth and I are going to enjoy some divine Birthday Cheesecake from Costco later today! Haha! I love you all, and hope that you are feeling the Spirit as often as you can! 

...And one more thing - just a fun side note - mine and Elder Ellsworth's weekly goal is to "PUNCH SATAN STRAIGHT IN THE FACE". 

...Ladies and gentlemen, 
WE FEAR NO MAN!!!

All the love,

Elder DeMille! 

No comments:

Post a Comment