Elder True DeMille

Elder True DeMille

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sweet and Condensed.. My Week. Not Milk.

Alright, I'm gonna give you the sweet and condensed version of my week this week! 

1. I ran into my aunt while tracking in Go Deuk Dong.. Hahaha. She pulled up right next to us as we had just come from knocking on a less-active's door -- her head out the window yelling, "True! True!!" and my cute little cousins doing the same thing from the van window, hahaha. How in the world does that happen?? We met up, they drove us home, and then took us out to some Ddukbokki and such like 30 minutes later, after they picked up my grandma and grandpa.

2. I had Silk-worm pupae for the first time this week! And, it wasn't near as bad as it sounds. It just tastes like.. a mix of a tie.. and lima beans? Haha but, my comp Elder Kim cooked them up and made them wayy better. Granted, I still didn't eat a ton, but -- not so bad. Larvae. Check!
3. District meeting! And.. now, I officially teach my English class by myself. Since.. well.. my companion doesn't speak english, haha. Don't worry, it's fun.
4. We had Zone Training, which was super fun -- and will have Temple week this week -- it was super fun to catch up with Elder Watts and Ethington. Later that night the sisters lost their phone and it ended up at a Fire-station, so, I got to go inside a Korean fire-station for the first time. That was pretty sweet.
5. We had dinner at President's house this week, ... and had CHICKEN POT PIE. It was amazing. I've forgotten how much American meals consist of salt, pepper, meat and bread, haha. But seriously, it was SO good. There were a few little kids we brought and President was a tiger most of the night. Great guy.
6. Had a wicked nightmare just two nights ago -- still pretty shaken-- it's the first in about a year, but it was the first time I actually died in my dream. The details would take a little too long but, it was crazy. 
7.And then.. church on Sunday! -- The fam came over later and dropped off some Jajjang and Curry. They're the bomb. We're planning one last big get together/dinner on the 21st of this month! Should be fun!

Love you all and hope you have a wonderful week. I hope you remember to tell those around you how much you love them too!!

All the love,
Elder DeMille!

No comments:

Post a Comment