Elder True DeMille

Elder True DeMille

Sunday, November 22, 2015

What A Week.

Well, I'm not really sure how to put this week into words, but.. I want to tell you that this week was a week filled with faith. Like, man oh man, was it filled with faith.

I honestly don't know what to say. From an incredible interview with President, to a long night on my knees in prayer, to a dream filled with revelation, to our Sisters' investigator (and long-time, dedicated friend) being baptized this Saturday, things have just been overflowing with blessings, lessons, and growth. It's been amazing. I wish I had more to say. Advice to give, stories to tell, but, I really just want to share this with you today. 

This is what we call the Faith Project.
I promise that if you read the scriptures below individually (or with a companion, if you're serving) several times a day, your faith will sky-rocket. Read and think about these scriptures. Ponder them. Contemplate them. I've been doing it this past week, and have seen my faith grow in incredible ways. 

“Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women. Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? Is any thing too hard for the LORD?” (Genesis 18:11–14)
“… If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.” (Matthew 17:20)

“… faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.” (James 2:17)

“… I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.” (1 Nephi 3:7)

“… the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him.” (1 Nephi 7:12)

“… I am able to do mine own work.” (2 Nephi 27:21)
“For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.” (2 Nephi 27:23)

“… if thou wilt repent of all thy sins, and will bow down before God, and call on his name in faith, believing that ye shall receive, then shalt thou receive the hope which thou desirest.” (Alma 22:16)

“And as sure as the Lord liveth, so sure as many as believed, or as many as were brought to the knowledge of the truth, through the preaching of Ammon and his brethren, according to the spirit of revelation and of prophecy, and the power of God working miracles in them—yea, I say unto you, as the Lord liveth, as many of the Lamanites as believed in their preaching, and were converted unto the Lord, never did fall away.” (Alma 23:6)

“And now as I said concerning faith—faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true.” (Alma 32:21)
“For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; … Behold, it was the faith of Alma and Amulek that caused the prison to tumble to the earth. Behold, it was the faith of Nephi and Lehi that wrought the change upon the Lamanites, that they were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost. Behold, it was the faith of Ammon and his brethren which wrought so great a miracle among the Lamanites. Yea, and even all they who wrought miracles wrought them by faith, even those who were before Christ and also those who were after.” (Ether 12:12–16)

“… Whatsoever thing ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is good, in faith believing that ye shall receive, behold, it shall be done unto you.” (Moroni 7:26)

“Remember that without faith you can do nothing; therefore ask in faith.” (D&C 8:10)

Walk tall.
Keep the faith.
Finish the fight!

All the love,

Elder DeMille!!

1 comment:

  1. True, I want you to know I have been following your blog your whole mission and have been so rewarded with the content each week, I've even used some
    material in talks I have given at church. Thanks for your testimony and we all look forward to your return very soon. Of course Abby is the most
    excited. I"m very proud of her as well. I can tell you have been a hard
    working Elder and your mission will be one of the "highlight" of your life.
    See you soon-- Bro Denny Jorgenson (Abby's grandpa)

    ReplyDelete